Ding is the world’s leading universal top-up service. Founded in 2006, born from seeing something that wasn’t there. More than 80% of the world’s 5 billion mobile phones are now prepaid – and growing. We believe mobile phones can change lives and we want to improve people’s lives by helping those with less gain access to more.
Ding is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, and has employees working across the world!
We are proud of our culturally diverse team of more than 200 employees, all with unique personalities who support our commitment to delivering cutting-edge, potentially life-changing technology to developed and emerging markets alike.
We're always on the lookout for talented people who embody our core values:
- We are Customer Curious
- We are Thinkers, Linkers & Doers
- We Work Better Together
- We Seek Out that Spark
About this role:
As Engineering Team Lead you will report into the Head of Engineering, leading our amazing app team who play an integral role in keeping Ding’s users topped up. We do this at a strong pace whilst working on the latest technologies but always with a mind-set of innovation and flexibility at the heart!
What we need you to do:
- Lead our Android app team in technical and product initiatives
- Mentor team members and ensure all voices are heard
- Work on exciting new features for our mobile apps
- Ensure all work carried out complies with company standards and best practices
- Evaluate and communicate on a regular basis the resources, timescales and technical limitations associated with implementation
- Test and validate work produced as part of the development process
- Meet challenging deadlines
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge of Kotalin (3 years or more)
- Experience with Android operating system
- Experience with web/app deep linking
- Knowledge of Android play store release process
- Familiarity with GIT and source control
- Experience in agile methodologies
- Good understanding of common design principles, especially SOLID principles with the ability to apply them in day-to-day coding
- Hands on experience writing Unit tests and System tests
- Fluent English with strong verbal & written communication skills
- A team player with strong leadership skills and the ability to work under pressure
Nice to Have:
- Experience or familiarity with Kanban methodologies
Ding is committed to creating equal employment opportunities in the workplace. We know that experience looks different for everyone – if you believe your proven experience would suit this role and is what we are looking for we encourage you to apply.
Life at Ding:
At Ding, we are striving to grow and nurture a culture that is inclusive, global, and equitable but most of all fun! In addition, to your basic salary and bonus there are many benefits also available across Ding. Some are recent additions, some have been enhanced and others have been there all along!
- YOLO Days & Dingversary Leave (Additional holidays the year of your 4th/7th/10th/13th Anniversary)
- Flexible & Hybrid Working: We recognise the need to use space and working practices in ways that best support you
- Work Abroad Programme: The opportunity to work for 30 days from another country each year
- Tax Free Remote Working Allowance: up to €70 per month
- Wellness Programme: With monthly events, both virtual and in-person
- Ding Dollars: Flexible benefits allowance allowing you to tailor your benefit choice
- Referral Fees and introduced Hot Jobs with a referral fee of €10,000
- Enhanced Family Policies
Our aim is to build and run the safest, simplest, most effective and convenient top-up technology, in partnership with the best operators and platforms. Now more than ever we realise the importance of keeping in touch and here at Ding we believe a little goes a long way.
Ding’s recruitment privacy notice is available at https://www.ding.com/recruitment-privacy-notice