Legal Counsel, AVP
Legal IS EMEA – State Street International (Ireland) Limited
Roles Reporting to this Position:
General Position Summary:
Advises on a variety of legal issues related predominantly to investment fund law, banking and company law. The focus of the activities is to support senior legal counsels within the Dublin Legal team, provide legal advice and support to the investment servicing business in Europe, handle contract negotiations with customers, contribute to product development and to the implementation of regulatory requirements applicable to the local business. Works closely with other Legal teams across State Street offices in Europe and the head office in Boston.
- Provides support to senior lawyers within the Dublin Legal team (primary duty).
- Drafts, negotiates and manages customer contracts (e.g. fund administration and custody agreements) as well as related agreements or legal documents.
- Advises and supports the investment servicing business on all legal matters related to the servicing of Irish and international investment structures, particularly in relation to funds investing in Alternatives assets
- Monitors regulatory developments and contributes to regulatory implementation
- Contributes to corporate projects and data protection matters.
- Collaborates with Legal teams across State Street’s legal division on global and regional projects.
Academic and professional qualifications:
Degree in Law from an Irish or other common law jurisdiction university.
Qualified Solicitor in Ireland
2-5 years of post-qualification professional experience as in-house lawyer in a bank or asset management company or in a law firm, ideally focused on investment funds, though applications from current corporate lawyers will also be considered. Experience with private equity fund structures is an advantage.
- Ability to analyze complex situations and obtain information to reach sound conclusions.
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail and meeting tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player with ability to interact with multiple levels in an organization in an international environment.
- Service-oriented and results-focused.
English (fluent, spoken and in writing).