At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,700+ customers, we serve approximately 85% of the Fortune 500®, and we're proud to be one of FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® and World's Most Admired Companies™.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Unsure if you meet all the qualifications of a job description but are deeply excited about the role? We still encourage you to apply! At ServiceNow, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all voices are heard, valued, and respected. We welcome all candidates, including individuals from non-traditional, varied backgrounds, that might not come from a typical path connected to this role. We believe skills and experience are transferrable, and the desire to dream big makes for great candidates.
What you get to do in this role:
· Provide relief and sustainable resolution to issues within our infrastructure and application stack.
· Assist in the development of tools and scripts for monitoring system performance, reliability, and security.
· Participate in the implementation and improvement of automation processes for deployment and infrastructure management.
· Conduct regular analysis and testing of system performance and reliability to proactively identify potential issues.
· Learn and utilize various technologies and tools to support and enhance the company's infrastructure and operations.
· Document processes and procedures for reference and knowledge sharing within the team
What You Can Learn
· Gain hands-on experience in implementing cutting-edge DevOps practices, fostering a deep understanding of the intersection between software development and operational efficiency.
· Engage in collaborative problem-solving and incident response activities, applying agile methodologies and post-incident reviews to continuously enhance system reliability and resilience, with a focus on leveraging observability data and AIOps insights for proactive system management.
· Acquire valuable insights into best practices for managing and optimizing cloud-based infrastructure.
· Develop a deep understanding of the interplay between software development and system reliability, fostering skills that are increasingly in demand in the technology industry.
· Hone your communication and teamwork skills through active participation in cross-functional teams, embracing an inclusive and innovative culture that encourages knowledge sharing and continuous learning, with opportunities to collaborate on AI-driven projects and initiatives.
To be successful in this role you have:
· Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack.
· Strong understanding of Linux/Unix systems, networking concepts, and web technologies.
· Knowledge of cloud computing platforms like AWS, Azure, or GCP is a plus.
· MySQL or Postgres database administration.
· Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate technical concepts clearly.
· Passion for learning and applying new technologies to solve complex challenges.
· Machine Learning knowledge is a bonus.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
At ServiceNow, we lead with flexibility and trust in our distributed world of work. Click here to learn about our work personas: flexible, remote and required-in-office.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
From Fortune. © 2022 Fortune Media IP Limited All rights reserved. Used under license.
Fortune and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, ServiceNow.